The goal is simple: collect one or more Principles Sets to gain points – avoid Crappy Caregivers – and use Specialty Cards to outwit your opponents in this fast-paced card game for 2-4 players! This game requires several hands to play, so settle in for some serious CNA FUN!
- Collect points while playing each hand – the first person to score 40 points wins the game (but you can shorten it by playing to a smaller number of points if you are short on time!)
- Lay down completed sets to score points (sets must be complete to lay down) during your turn
- Draw a card from the deck each turn (or pick up the ENTIRE discard pile) to collect sets
- Follow instructions on Specialty Cards to gain an edge over your opponents!
- Each hand ends when a player lays one or more completed sets that totals at least 7 cards (if less than 7 cards, the hand continues)
- Elect a scorekeeper to keep track of points at end of hand:
- Each card in a complete set that is placed in front of a player = 1 point
- Subtract 1 point for each “Crappy Caregiver” in a player’s hand at the end of the hand
- Subtract 1 point for the player that has the “Careplan Catastrophe” card
- No points are awarded for sets in a player’s hand – they must be placed during your turn to count as a point
- Shuffle and deal again – continue playing hands until a player reaches 40 points!
The CNA Principles Card Game details important principles that must be demonstrated when performing CNA Skills and can be used as an effective study aid – but is designed to be played by family and friends with no medical knowledge, too! So, gather your tribe and deal out some serious fun!