South Carolina CNA Facts
Looking for CNA information that is specific to your state? Look no further!
Scroll down to find out more about CNA Training requirements, Testing processes, Renewal Procedures and Employment Options for your state!
South Carolina requires 100 hours of CNA training in a state approved program, including 40 hours of clinical experiences.
Summary: 100 hours training
CREDENTIA performs CNA testing in South Carolina. Qualifications for testing include:
- All new nurse aide candidates – applying to take the NNAAP Examination in South Carolina must have successfully completed a 100-hour state-approved nurse aide training program that includes 40 hours of clinical training in order to be eligible to test.
- Out -of-state trained candidates – successfully completed a 100-hour
State-Approved Nurse Aide Training program in another state within the last 24 months
- Lapsed or expired South Carolina registry applicants – successfully completed a 100- hour South Carolina State-Approved Nurse Aide Training Program AND whose certificate has not been expired for more than twenty-four (24) month.
- Out-of-state registry applicants – successfully completed a 100-hour state-approved Nurse Aide Training program with clinical included and whose certificate has not been expired for more than twenty-four (24) months.
- Student nurse, LPN, or RN graduate, or military candidate – you must contact the South Carolina Department of Health and Human Services.
Summary: $140 testing fee
CNAs in South Carolina are required to renew their CNA certification every 2 years.
The cost to renew is $35.
The requirements for renewal are:
- CNA must have worked as a paid nurse aide for at least eight hours during the past 24 months.
Summary: $35 renewal fee
The employment outlook for CNAs in South Carolina is good. As of 2020, there are 17,920 people employed as CNAs and it is projected to grow by 10% at 2030 making it to 19,620 employees. It’s projected annual job openings between 2018 – 2028 is 2,440.
Summary: 10% projected growth
The average pay rate for CNAs in South Carolina is $32,064 as of September 26, 2022, but the range typically falls between $29,223 and $35,407.